Festive Fruit Punch
A healthy treat for a holiday party or just for an afternoon treat-your choice!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Makes 12 servings
- 4 Cups Chilled Cranberry Juice (no or low-sugar option is best)
- 12 Ounces Lemon juice concentrate or frozen lemonade
- 4 Cups cold water
- 4 Cups of soda water (lemon-lime seltzer works great, but play around and find your favorite flavor!)
- 1 lemon (cut in slices for garnish)
- Ice cubes for serving (Bonus: Make ice cubes from your lemon or cranberry juice for extra flavor!)
- 1 pint of berries-raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, whatever you'd like! (This will naturally sweeten your punch and make it look fantastic.)
- Combine cranberry juice, lemon juice/lemonade concentrate, and water and chill in the fridge.
- When you're ready to serve, add soda water, ice cubes, and berries to either a large punch bowl or individual glasses.
- Add cranberry juice, lemon juice, and water mixture to the bowl or glasses.
- Add lemon slices to the rim and serve.
Hot tips: Your child will love helping you make this. Help them decide on what flavor seltzer water or berry to use. Or let them add the ice cubes and lemon at the end!
Source: Recipe adapted from USDA What's Cooking? http://bit.ly/2z1uFUI