New Year's Resolutions: Making Goals That Stick
Simply deciding to make a change is not enough to make it happen. You must make an action plan and stick with it for lasting change.
- Start small-don't make too many goals at once. Keep your goals measurable and realistic.
- Make a plan with simple steps and write it down.
- Tell someone-you and your child can share and compare progress on your goals. Try checking in every day on the way to school or at dinner time.
- Forgive yourself and adjust-Achieving your goal is not a race. The key is to just keep moving forward. If you are not reaching the steps you laid out for yourself, adjust your steps and continue on.
- Congratulate yourself-even small successes are worth congratulating yourself over!
- Bonus: Ask your child what they have learned about Setting Goals with The Great Body Shop and put these to work, too.
Learn more here: http://bit.ly/2z1pcja