How Sick Is Too Sick for School?
Have you ever had a hard time deciding if your child is too sick for school? You're far from alone. Many parents have a hard time making this call, so here are a few pointers for next time:
Send your child to school if:
- They have a runny nose, small cough, but no other symptoms
- They haven't had a fever, thrown up, or had diarrhea in over 24 hours
Keep your child at home if:
- They have a temperature over 100°F
- They are throwing up or have diarrhea
- Their eyes are pink and crusty
Call the doctor if:
- They have a temperature over 100°F for more than 2 days
- They have been throwing up or have had diarrhea for more than 2 days
- They have had sniffles for more than a week and it is not getting better
Attendance matters A LOT. Keep your eye out for next month's Family Connection for reasons why school attendance is important and tips for getting your child to school as much as possible.